Minimum Standard Health and Safety Policy, Procedures we follow.
In response to COVID-19 regulations and guidelines, Your Body’s ReTreat is taking all the necessary precautions to keep our team (Jamie and Melissa) and clients safe and healthy. From the perspective of ensuring sanitary and thoroughly disinfected treatment areas, please note the following: Minimum Standard Health Protocols for Salon Establishments
- We (Jamie and Melissa) will be following the suggestions set forth by the CDC and Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), such as wearing masks.
- We will be wearing masks for your safety. It is suggested that you wear a mask as well.
- Melissa and I wash our hands with soap and water often and between each client.
- We will be scheduling longer times between each client to ensure ample time to disinfect and clean thoroughly.
- NO GUESTS, NO CHILDREN. Married or cohabiting couples may arrive together so long as both parties are receiving services. *TDLR rule*
- While we have a reception waiting area, we will be asking clients to not arrive too early, or if you do, to wait in your vehicle and text us 817-680-1462. We will let you know when it is safe to come in. TDLR now requires no waiting area to encourage the 6 foot social distancing. We want to avoid any “back to back” client situation.
- We will request that everyone take a moment to wash his or her hands prior to entering our suite. We will provide hand sanitizer as well. *TDLR rule*
- We use medical grade cleaners and disinfectants between each and every client.
- Any and all linens or towels are disposed of or sanitized after every use. **We will begin using our vinyl wax pad with table paper for sugaring services as this is a non-porous, disinfectable surface. We clean, then spray with our EPA registered hospital grade disinfectant (Barbicide) and allow it to sit for 10 minutes as directed. Barbicide is a germicide, fungicide, virucide, and a pseudomonocide. Barbicide has been:
- Proven effective against HIV-1, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Staphylococcus (including MRSA), Pseudomonas, Salmonella, Clostridium Difficile (C.Diff), Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus (VRE), Herpes, Influenza (including H1N1), “Athletes Foot” (TineaPedis)
- Complies with OSHA’s bloodborne pathogens standard
- Safe for non-porous surfaces including tanning beds, metals, stainless steel, plastics, combs, brushes, rollers and shears.
- IF you would like to have a sheet or a towel instead, you may certainly request one. We have always utilized a laundry service and will continue to do so. We would like to cut down on as much possible transference of any possible shedding. We feel the vinyl table covering is best to implement at this time. We are opting out of disposable sheets to reduce our carbon footprint. We may revisit this idea.
- Treatment tables are disinfected thoroughly between each and every client.
- Active care equipment, tablets, chairs, door handles, and all surfaces in the treatment rooms and waiting area are disinfected after each client.
- We will move forward with contactless payment, meaning you will not be required to sign for the credit card transactions. We can also send you an invoice prior to your service if you request it. Please text us 817-680-1462 if you would like an invoice prior to your service.
- Melissa and I are happy to clean any items again in front of you at your request.
Again, we are happy to help you reschedule any appointments if you feel sick, or if you have a fever or cough. Going forward, we will strictly enforce the sickness policy. In that circumstance, and especially if you have a fever and/or believe you may have been exposed to coronavirus, please always (and as a first priority) contact your primary care physician for direct help and treatment options before you visit us at Your Body’s ReTreat.
Thank you for your continued support,
Jamie R Nelms
Owner, Your Body’s ReTreat