Body Sugaring Hair Removal ~ Dallas Fort Worth, Texas
What is Body Sugaring?
Body Sugaring is a form of hair removal that removes the hair from the follicle in the natural direction of hair growth using an all natural substance called sugar paste. The sugar paste is all natural made of sugar, lemon and water and has a consistency of taffy. Here are the benefits:
- The method involves no sticks or strips and is done entirely by hand. This means it is more eco friendly. It also means that there is zero double dipping. Bacteria cannot breed in high concentrations of sugar.
- We mold the paste into the follicle opposite hair growth direction. Once enveloped, with a deliberate flick of the wrist, the hair is removed by the root in the natural direction of hair growth. This technique causes less hair breakage, which also means less chances of ingrown hair.
- Sugaring paste does not adhere to LIVE skin cells. In only adheres to dead skin and hair. The only discomfort then, should only be with the hair being removed by the root as opposed to excessive exfoliation. SOME, not all, waxes can over exfoliate the skin. Most often times they are honey and cream waxes.
- The sugar paste is not hot, therefore there is no risk of burning the skin.
- Sugaring paste can extract hair at a shorter length than wax.
- The cherry on the sundae is that sugaring paste is water soluble. This makes for super easy clean up. You will not leave the studio with sticky, waxy residue on your skin. You will leave with soft, smooth skin!
View Jamie do a demo of a Female Brazilian (18+), Male Brazilian (18+), Bikini Sugaring, Back Sugaring, Full Leg Sugaring, Underarm Sugaring and Chin Sugaring below.
What are the advantages and benefits of Body Sugaring Hair Removal?
- Sugar paste contains no chemicals, resins or preservatives, it is hypoallergenic and safe for all skin types. Diabetics, those with eczema, spider or varicose veins and those prone to breakouts and ingrown hairs after waxing, will benefit from Body Sugaring.
- Body Sugaring is sanitary. Sugar is naturally anti-bacterial and contains healing properties. Bacteria does not breed or thrive in sugar.
- Sugar paste is applied at room temperature so there is never a risk in burning the skin. With this being said, with a skilled and experienced wax technician, you should never be burned with wax either!
- Body sugaring is water soluble meaning you can easily clean any residue with plain water unlike regular wax. You will never have a left over sticky or tacky residue.
- Over time, frequent sugaring during the beginning stage of hair growth (Anagen), the follicle wall will begin to weaken. This causes hair to grow back thinner and finer. Eventually the follicle wall will collapse and will stop producing a hair.
- The paste is very gentle and can be put right over an area that was just sugared but missed some hairs, without fear of much irritation.
- Sugaring does not attach to live skin cells. Sugaring will only take away dead skin cells. If your skin is not already over-exfoliated (using glycolic, Retin A or peels) you do not have to worry about the sugar accidentally removing skin.
How is the sugar paste applied?
The true advanced hand method of Sugaring, uses a ball of sugar paste. Your technician will use a gloved hand at all times. She/He will retrieve a good amount of sugar from a jar at room temperature. The sugar paste is molded into the hair follicle, opposite the direction of hair growth. The sugar paste is then “flicked” in the natural direction of hair growth removing the entire hair from the follicle wall. The same ball of sugar is used for entire area to be sugared.
Sugar vs. Wax
What is the difference between waxing and sugaring application?
With waxing, the wax is applied in the direction of hair growth and removed opposite hair growth. Sometimes, this method does not always remove the entire hair from the follicle but rather breaks the hair off resulting in faster re-growth and ingrown hairs. Body sugaring removes the hair in the direction of hair growth, resulting in less hair breakage, quicker refinement, and reduced skin irritation.
Is Body Sugaring Painful? Does Body Sugaring hurt as much as Waxing?
Well, we are still pulling hair out from the root. So yes, it is a bit uncomfortable but most people find that it is less discomforting than waxing. If your hair is longer, you may find sugaring less desirable.
Are there any negative effects or downfalls to Body Sugaring?
Not many!! Body sugaring can be more time consuming and tedious than waxing. Body sugaring is a rare service. It is extremely difficult to locate experienced Sugaring technicians, therefore you will find sugaring rates to be higher than waxing.